This lemony feta sauce is perfect over grilled meats or veggies or could also be used as a salad dressing. All you need to do is blend together!
We make a lot of Greek inspired dishes. We have been to Greece twice and I love the freshness of their food. Village salads, the fresh fish, olive oil and feta cheese are some of my favorites. I was whipping together a Greek bowl and knew it needed a sauce so on a whim I whipped together a few of my favorite ingredients, hoped it would work out and my lemony feta sauce was created.
Simple ingredients simple process
This recipe honestly takes two minutes at most because the process is simple – grab your favorite blender add in the ingredients and voila – lemony feta sauce is done. But here a few keys to make this simple sauce have the most amount of flavor:
- Use good olive oil! It seems like a no brainer but if you splurge on some good olive oil since it’s one of the main ingredients the flavor will really come thru
- Use good cheese – while there is nothing wrong with feta crumbles I prefer to use imported bricks of feta from Greece. While it’s slightly more expensive the flavor is different. I find that the feta crumbles you buy at the store are really dried compared to the brick that you find in water which makes a creamier sauce.
- Use fresh herbs – fresh herbs have more flavor than their dried counterparts
Dressing it up
Now you are probably wondering, this sauce sounds delish what do I do with it? Here is what I would do with it:
- Use it as a Greek salad dressing for something different
- Use it on a bowl like I did with roasted veggies, coucous and kalamata olives
- Serve it as a sauce to pair with grilled meats, chicken and lamb would be great with this
- Drink it! (ha kidding, but it’s that good)
So the next time you want a simple sauce or need a new dressing recipe give this lemony feta sauce a
whirl blend and try it out!